Storrington Professional Tuition Centre -Tiptop Tutors
English and maths tuition for children aged 5 upwards
Penny Spokes , owner of Tiptop Tutors , has taught for many years in mainstream, Independent and Special Schools. As well as having been a class teacher , she is also a specialized English and maths tutor and is experienced in teaching children with specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia and dyscalculia. She has also taught Adult Literacy for the West Sussex Skills for Life Programme. She has a BA Degree with the Open University, a PGCE from West Sussex Institute of Higher Education, a certificate in SpLD from the Helen Arkell Centre and the Diploma in SpLD (Dyslexia) from the Hornsby Centre.
We are no longer working from the centre, which has helped hundreds of children with their reading, spelling, punctuation skills, handwriting and Maths. They have enjoyed learning and experienced the benefits of our tutoring, including increasing their skills and most of all their confidence.
All the teachers at Tiptop are well qualified , CRB checked, and experienced . They have been selected for their caring and empathetic approach towards the children and for their love of teaching.
Penny says, “ Parents have often asked me how they can help their children overcome their difficulties or just build up their confidence. So I am delighted to have the opportunity to have the centre in order to help the pupils succeed and regain confidence and self esteem.”
- Tuition for ages 5 – 16
- English and maths – other subjects by arrangement
- Common Entrance revision
- GCSE revision/ preparation courses
- Help with catching up, getting ahead and staying ahead
- If you think your child is losing confidence, or beginning to become invisible in class, we can help
- Testimonials Mr F says……. We have known Penny and her team of tutors for over five years. Three of our children have attended for remedial tutoring in English and Maths up to GCSE level. This has made a big difference to their understanding in difficult areas, particularly as dyslexia was a problem.
- Mrs J ……… My grand daughter was struggling at school and after attending Tiptop, she gained confidence and now loves school. Friendly teachers and superb teaching! Thank you.
- Mrs K…… My son has been attending the centre and the quality of his GCSE maths is first class. He says, it`s the first time I can understand the teacher, she really gets me! Also pleased to be able to continue with excellent online tuition whilst the centre is closed because of COVID 19.
- Mrs S……. Thank you for helping my two daughters and especially for all your continued online support during this period of home schooling.